All of us know that communication can break many walls people build around themselves to avoid socializing. But, sharing common interests and hobbies, talking about what you like and dislike, and discussing common experiences is not a harmful thing to do. In fact, this is how you make new friends and grow stronger with the old ones. It is always nice to have someone around who loves to talk to you and asks you questions about your life, which is surely comforting. Sometimes, you can ask questions that are random, while sometimes they can be personal. But through these, you get assurance that you have someone around when you need them. Listed below are a few random questions to ask your friends about their life and many other things, so that you don’t run out of words when it comes to communicating!
Usually, when you are at a cafe, bar, school, college, dorm, or any other place with a friend (girl/guy), there are many things you would want to know about them. Similarly, there are many things you would want them to know about yourself as well. Many times, it so happens that your friends are shy individuals; open to a conversation, even though not bold enough to strike one. At such times, you can ask them these funny questions. These can also be used in case of any new person you meet, if you wish to socialize with him/her. These questions are very casual, and help you know someone better. Take a look at these conversation starters and find out which of them interest you.
Ask Your Friends about Themselves
- What scares you the most, and why?
- Do you like chocolate?
- What do you do in your free time?
- What makes you bored?
- Do you like rainy days or snowy winter days more?
- If you were the president, what would you do?
- Do you like spicy food, and why?
- Tell me about someone in your family.
- What is your all-time favorite comedy movie?
- Tell me about your favorite book, magazine, or comic.
- Which was the last movie that you watched?
- What country you would like to visit most, and why?
- What was your favorite sitcom growing up?
- Do you like to shop?
- How often do you go online?
- What is your middle name?
- Are you old-fashioned?
- What music do you like to listen to?
- Define a great life.
- Where do you like to go to have fun?
- What is your happiest childhood memory?
- Will you ever go sky diving?
- What three possessions you cannot live without?
- If you knew that you would die suddenly, would you change anything about the way you are? If so, what?
- Who would you love to meet?
Questions to Ask a Guy
If you meet a guy for the first time and can’t figure out what to talk about, well, read some dating questions to find out.
- Do you have any pet names?
- Did you grow up here?
- Which are your top bands or singers?
- Where were you born?
- Do you have any siblings?
- What is on your bedside table?
- What is your idea of a hot romantic date?
- Do you have posters up on your room walls?
- When and how was the last time you told someone honestly how you felt?
- What do you think is the single best decision you have made in your life so far?
- What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up on?
- What is your quirkiest habit, and how long have you had it?
- Are you the kind of person that you would want to have as a friend?
- Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying?
- Would you give your life to save someone else?
Questions to Ask a Girl
There are many questions that you can ask to get to know a girl. But, make sure that you don’t get too deep, as girls usually would not appreciate such questions if they don’t consider you a very close friend.
- Are you a heavy or light sleeper?
- What is your favorite color?
- What are your most favorite and least favorite foods?
- Do you have any phobias?
- Name your most favorite time of the year?
- What are your turn ons and turn offs?
- Name the one piece of clothing you cannot live without?
- What are the 3 most important things in your life?
- Who was your first crush?
- Which is a stronger emotion: anger or love?
- Give your 20 favorite songs. Why do you like each one?
- What is your happiest/saddest memory?
- When sign makers go on strike, is anything written on their picket signs?
- If you had only 24 hours to live, what would you do?
- What is the most annoying thing that you have ever had to face?
- Has any movie or book made a big impact on you?
- Do you like pets? Would you like to have pets someday?
It is always fun to ask such casual questions because this helps both of you open up to each other and helps break the ice.